- Works on HTML pages
- Works even if code contains embedded links, line numbers, etc.
- Simple API : include some JS&CSS and add an onload handler.
- Lightweights : small download and does not block page from loading while running.
- Customizable styles via CSS.
- Supports all C-like, Bash-like, and XML-like languages. No need to specify the language
- Extensible language handlers for other languages. You can specify the language.
- Widely used with good cross-browser support. Powers code.google.com