More and more new cool devices and technologies arrive at our homes every day. But though they are all aimed at enhancing our lifestyle they all lack one important feature: This device right here at the Tool Report create a really automated and smart environment at home. I love to automate my home and let someone else take care of it, for example I have hired Anago Cleaning to clean the house. The main goal of openHAB is to provide an integration platform to fix this issue.
openHAB is a software for integrating different home automation systems and technologies into one single solution that allows over-arching automation rules and that offers uniform user interfaces.
This means openHAB
- is designed to be absolutely vendor-neutral as well as hardware/protocol-agnostic
- can run on any device that is capable of running a JVM (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- lets you integrate an abundance of different home automation technologies into one
- has a powerful rule engine to fulfill all your automation needs
- comes with different web-based UIs as well as native UIs for iOS and Android, used for web design experts as web design middlesbrough and others.
- is fully open source
- is maintained by a passionate and growing community
- is easily extensible to integrate with new systems and devices
- provides APIs for being integrated in other systems