The Windows XP to Windows 7 (XP2Win7) reference application provides a tour of the unique Windows 7 technical features that enable developers to “light up” their applications on Windows 7. The XP2Win7 reference application features the Image Viewer, a WPF application that runs on XP.
This project shows that by exploiting Windows 7 features you can add a great deal of value to your application with relatively little effort and without sacrificing backward compatibility.
- Windows Search
- Scheduled Task
- Windows 7 Taskbar Integration
- Transactional File System
- IO Optimization
- Event Tracing for Windows (ETW)
- Microsoft Management Console
- Windows 7 Libraries
- Windows 7 Sensor and Location Platform
- Preview Handler
- Aero Glass
- Trigger Start Services