fabFORCE.net DBDesigner – A Handy MySQL Database Designer
By admin on Jan 24, 2008 in open source
DBDesigner is the tool that I used for MySQL database design, modeling and creation. I have used other tools but found DBDesigner being the simplest to use, at least for me.
DBDesigner is developed and optimized for the open source MySQL-Database to support MySQL users with a powerful and free available design tool.
Features list taken from the website.
- Available on Linux / MS Windows
- User Interfaced based on industry standard layouting software
- Design Mode / Query Mode
- Reverse engineering MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL and any ODBC databases
- User defined schema-generation
- Model-To-Database syncronisation
- Index support
- Automatic foreign key placement
- Weak entity support
- Standard Inserts storing and sync
- Full documentation capabilities
- Advanced model printing
- Output as image
- All MySQL datatypes with all options
- User defined datatypes
- Database storage, ability to save model within database
- Network-/Multiuser access through database storage
- Version control*
- SQL Query Builder
- SQL Command History
- SQL Command storage within model
- Plugin interface
Richard | Feb 1, 2008 | Reply
Definitely a great tool – I highly recommend it for MYSQL DB design. What I’m looking for now are features to create Views and Stored Procedures, is this currently possible with dbdesigner 4? I’m looking for a plug-in or information on how to achieve this on my own but cannot find any.