RSS Feed for This PostCurrent Article

Cain & Abel – A useful hacking tool

This is the tool I used sometimes to recover passwords that I have forgotten. I do not encourage hacking. This tool is actually considered a backdoor sometimes by some of the security software in the market. Personally I think it is useful, but people tend to abuse it.

Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force and Cryptanalysis attacks, recording VoIP conversations, decoding scrambled passwords, recovering wireless network keys, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols.

Cain & Abel has been developed in the hope that it will be useful for network administrators, teachers, security consultants/professionals, forensic staff, security software vendors, professional penetration tester and everyone else that plans to use it for ethical reasons.

The tool is divided into 2, namely Cain, and Abel.

Cain’s features

1. Protected Storage Password Manager
    Reveals locally stored passwords of Outlook, Outlook Express, Outlook Express Identities, Outlook 2002, Internet Explorer and MSN Explorer.
  2. Credential Manager Password Decoder
    Reveals passwords stored in Enterprise and Local Credential Sets on Windows XP/2003.
  3. LSA Secrets Dumper
    Dumps the contents of the Local Security Authority Secrets.
  4. Dialup Password Decoder
    Reveals passwords stored by Windows “Dial-Up Networking” component.
  5. APR (ARP Poison Routing)
    Enables sniffing on switched networks and Man-in-the-Middle attacks.
  6. Route Table Manager
    Provides the same functionality of the Windows tool “route.exe” with a GUI front-end.
  7. SID Scanner
    Extracts user names associated to Security Identifiers (SIDs) on a remote system.
  8. Network Enumerator
    Retrieves, where possible, the user names, groups, shares, and services running on a machine.
  9. Service Manager
    Allows you to stop, start, pause/continue or remove a service.
  10. Sniffer
    Captures passwords, hashes and authentication information while they are transmitted on the network. Includes several filters for application specific authentications and routing protocols. The VoIP filter enables the capture of voice conversations transmitted with the SIP/RTP protocol saved later as WAV files.
  11. Routing Protocol Monitors
    Monitors messages from various routing protocols (HSRP, VRRP, RIPv1, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF) to capture authentications and shared route tables.
  12. Full RDP sessions sniffer for APR (APR-RDP)
    Allows you to capture all data sent in a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session on the network. Provides interception of keystrokes activity client-side.
  13. Full SSH-1 sessions sniffer for APR (APR-SSH-1)
    Allows you to capture all data sent in a HTTPS session on the network.
  14. Full HTTPS sessions sniffer for APR (APR-HTTPS)
    Allows you to capture all data sent in a HTTPS session on the network.
  15. Certificates Collector
    Grab certificates from HTTPS web sites and prepares them to be used by APR-HTTPS.
  16. MAC Address Scanner with OUI fingerprint
    Using OUI fingerprint, this makes an informed guess about what type of device the MAC address from.
  17. Promiscuous-mode Scanner based on ARP packets
    Identifies sniffers and network Intrusion Detection systems present on the LAN.
  18. Wireless Scanner
    Can scan for wireless networks signal within range, giving details on its MAC address, when it was last seen, the guessed vendor, signal strength, the name of the network (SSID), whether it has WEP or not (note WPA encrypted networks will show up as WEPed), whether the network is an Ad-Hoc network or Infrastructure, what channel the network is operating at and at what speed the network is operating (e.g. 11Mbps). Passive scanning and WEP IVs sniffing are also supported using the AirpCap adapter from CACE Technologies.
  19. 802.11 Capture Files Decoder
    Decode 802.11 capture files (wireshark, pcap) containing wireless frames encrypted with WEP or WPA-PSK.
  20. Access (9x/2000/XP) Database Passwords Decoder
    Decodes the stored encrypted passwords for Microsoft Access Database files.
  21. Base64 Password Decoder
    Decodes Base64 encoded strings.
  22. Cisco Type-7 Password Decoder
    Decodes Cisco Type-7 passwords used in router and switches configuration files.
  23. Cisco VPN Client Password Decoder
    Decodes Cisco VPN Client passwords stored in connection profiles (*.pcf).
  24. VNC Password Decoder
    Decodes encrypted VNC passwords from the registry.
  25. Enterprise Manager Password Decoder
    Decodes passwords used by Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager (SQL 7.0 and 2000 supported).
  26. Remote Desktop Password Decoder
    Decodes passwords in Remote Desktop Profiles (.RPD files).
  27. PWL Cached Password Decoder
    Allows you to view all cached resources and relative passwords in clear text either from locked or unlocked password list files.
  28. Password Crackers
    Enables the recovery of clear text passwords scrambled using several hashing or encryption algorithms. All crackers support Dictionary and Brute-Force attacks.
  29. Cryptanalysis attacks
    Enables password cracking using the ‘Faster Cryptanalytic time – memory trade off’ method introduced by Philippe Oechslin. This cracking technique uses a set of large tables of pre calculated encrypted passwords, called Rainbow Tables, to improve the trade-off methods known today and to speed up the recovery of clear text passwords.
  30. WEP Cracker
    Performs Korek’s WEP Attack on capture 802.11 capture files containing WEP initialization vectors.
  31. Rainbowcrack-online client
    Enables password cracking by mean of the outstanding power of this on-line cracking service based on RainbowTable technology.
  32. NT Hash Dumper + Password History Hases (works with Syskey enabled)
    Will retrieve the NT password hash from the SAM file regardless of whether Syskey in enabled or not.
  33. Syskey Decoder
    Will retrieve the Boot Key used by the SYSKEY utility from the local registry or “off-line” SYSTEM files.
  34. MSCACHE Hashes Dumper
    Will retrieve the MSCACHE password hashes stored into the local registry.
  35. Wireless Zero Configuration Password Dumper
    Will retrieve the wireless keys stored by Windows Wireless Configuration Service.
  36. Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Password Extractor via ODBC
    Connects to an SQL server via ODBC and extracts all users and passwords from the master database.
  37. Oracle Password Extractor via ODBC
    Connects to an Oracle server via ODBC and extracts all users and passwords from the database.
  38. MySQL Password Extractor via ODBC
    Connects to an MySQL server via ODBC and extracts all users and passwords from the database.
  39. Box Revealer
    Shows passwords hidden behind asterisks in password dialog boxes.
  40. RSA SecurID Token Calculator
    Can calculate the RSA key given the tokens .ASC file.
  41. Hash Calculator
    Produces the hash values of a given text.
  42. TCP/UDP Table Viewer
    Shows the state of local ports (like netstat).
  43. TCP/UDP/ICMP Traceroute with DNS resolver and WHOIS client
    A improved traceroute that can use TCP, UDP and ICMP protocols and provides whois client capabilities.
  44. Cisco Config Downloader/Uploader (SNMP/TFTP)
    Downloads or uploads the configuration file from/to a specified Cisco device (IP or host name) given the SNMP read/write community string.

Abel features

1. Remote Console
    Provides a remote system shell on the remote machine.
  2. Remote Route Table Manager
    Enable to manage the route table of the remote system.
  3. Remote TCP/UDP Table Viewer
    Shows the state of local ports (like netstat) on the remote system.
  4. Remote NT Hash Dumper + Password History Hases (works with Syskey enabled)
    Will retrieve the NT password hash from the SAM file regardless of whether Syskey in enabled or not; works on the Abel-side.
  5. Remote LSA Secrets Dumper
    Dumps the contents of the Local Security Authority Secrets present on the remote system.

Trackback URL

RSS Feed for This Post49 Comment(s)

1. umar | Apr 16, 2008 | Reply

can i hack my friends dialup password i am using lan with pppoe conection i want to change my mac id but when i changed my mac id i can’t conected to the internet my isp creat mac address security can i bypass it thanks in advance

2. steve | Jun 3, 2008 | Reply

how can i obtain the password to wireless signals that i am picking up from my friends lap top with WEP secuity?

3. Airowizard | Jul 7, 2008 | Reply

airowizard download

4. starla | Jul 27, 2008 | Reply

I SENT VIDEO FROM MY CELLPHONE, TO MY EMAIL SO THAT I WOULD NOT LOOSE IT. NOW THAT IT’S IN MY EMAIL AS A MMS MESSAGE, I CAN’T OPEN IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS.

5. Phil | Aug 11, 2008 | Reply

How do you block Cain from accessing your passwords? Which port do you block so people can’t interfere with with you are dong???

6. sikanrong | Oct 23, 2008 | Reply

you know, my first instinct is to shoot this down because it’s totally a script-kiddie audit tool for windows, but I just can’t bring myself to do it since it pokes so much fun at christianity. Ahhhhh…. Sometimes life is full of hard decisions on what to love and hate. I have to say though, I’m impressed with the multitude of features.

7. swimster | Feb 9, 2009 | Reply

why is it called cain and abel

8. david giorgianni | Apr 27, 2009 | Reply

can I access a computer hotmail password that I have no access to that particular computer.thx.

9. sar | Jun 17, 2009 | Reply

hi
    HTTPS sites stop browsing on systems of network when i add them to APR,
    Please help
    thanks.

10. ahmad | Oct 14, 2009 | Reply

coz u hack your brother
    i mean the person whom u share the network with him
    without noticing him
    also u can spy on what website he browse
    voip
    passwords

its like killing
    cain and abel
    hope this useful 4 u

11. oyun | Apr 6, 2010 | Reply

I have to say though, I’m impressed with the multitude of features.

12. Dragon | May 8, 2010 | Reply

Interesting name btw

13. Bob | May 13, 2010 | Reply

I’m really impressed!

14. Andrew | Jun 17, 2010 | Reply

To all the commenters:
    Why do you ask questions here? Nobody above you has gotten a response, what makes you think you will?
    Anyways, Cain is a really great app, well maintaned as well, other than the constant crashes you experience that is…

15. jim | Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

can i hack the pppoe username and password that is required on a computer or a router to access internet???

16. dev | Jul 8, 2010 | Reply

hey i get some vague looking numbers and letters in username and password column in http when i do APR based attack….plz help me out

17. Djim Abel | Jul 13, 2010 | Reply

I know what the causes are when you try this application for public meanings hehe…

18. vignesh | Aug 11, 2010 | Reply

how can i obtain the password for secured wirelss network

19. CISO | Aug 11, 2010 | Reply

Scan your networks now, make sure your DNS servers are responding well,
    and make sure they do NOT answer to anyone at the world,
    want to know why it’s important? read here:

20. ali | Aug 24, 2010 | Reply

I love hack

21. Secure Wireless Internet | Oct 4, 2010 | Reply

Always make sure your DNS servers are responding well and keep your wireless internet secured. As technology advances, so does its users. Business owners always need to keep their files and their customer information SAFE. New laws are coming out all the time warning with fines if your wireless internet is not secured.

22. Alisha | Oct 12, 2010 | Reply

how we can solve the problem of 67 problem occurs………… please help me soon……..

23. eugene | Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

umm i kinda wanna know how to hack a runescape account i know it sounds dumb but i really want my accounts back could i use this site for hacking?

24. eugene | Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

umm are thier any pros who know how to hack well if thier is can u please comment so i can ask you for help pleas? :) thxx

25. in3vitibl3 | Dec 21, 2010 | Reply

use backtrack 4

26. Ash | Jan 6, 2011 | Reply

wireless lock on channel is not active, anyone know how to activate plz?

27. Lisa | Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Hi,
    I am trying to set up Cain; but when setting up sniffer it is not clear to me what range; or what setting, if I do it all; it seems that I am going to be scanning every mac address in the entire world?!

28. Lisa | Feb 6, 2011 | Reply

Trying to get this done 2nite bfore I clean my cache.. as my grandchild was using this computer and I want to access some info… so far it looks like it will scan for a couple of days for mac addresses… Thanks… Anyone? Just the simple first steps of the setup…

29. tiii | Mar 14, 2011 | Reply

hello people i’ve got a problem using this software especially sniffing out networks.i am repeatedly asked to activate sniffer-something i do not know about.can someone help?

30. gaming clan | Aug 6, 2012 | Reply

Hey there my name is Rebecca and I’m a writer and this site really helped me. I’m refocused! Thanks!

31. b0rk | Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

What?

32. equestrian links | Sep 17, 2012 | Reply

Hey from overseas! This is just what I was hunting for, and you nailed it. Thanks

33. rentals | Sep 18, 2012 | Reply

I didnt search this, but I enjoyed this, found it enlightening! Keep up the good work!

34. fastquid | Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

This is exactly the thing I’ve been looking for! Fantastic and thank you!

35. mail list | Oct 2, 2012 | Reply

Hey cutie from a teenage girlfan contunue the awe inspiring writing

36. reiki | Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

Bonjour from overseas! This is just what I was expecting, and you wrote it well. Thanks very much

37. Best Vpn For Taiwan | Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails
    with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove
    people from that service? Cheers!

38. samedifference | Jan 13, 2013 | Reply

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written much better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I’ll send this information to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. I appreciate you for sharing!

39. ALI | Jan 19, 2013 | Reply

Yes its really work .. I am impressed. love for its developer.

40. http://highload.com.ua/ | Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

Hello there, just became aware of your blog
    through Google, and found that it is really

informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels.

I will be grateful if you continue

this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

41. get vietnam visa on arrival illuminati | Aug 28, 2013 | Reply

Undeniably consider that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the internet
    the simplest thing to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as other people consider
    worries that they just don’t know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top as well as outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other folks can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

42. jack | Nov 23, 2013 | Reply

your page really provide so much information and useful for me. I lived in china and unable to access this site so i go on your page through http://www.primovpn.com a vpn service. Thanks for sharing a trully wonderful info.

43. formation et certification Chfi | Jan 5, 2014 | Reply

Your style is very unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
    Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will
    just book mark this site.

44. Wicked temptations Coupon Codes | Feb 9, 2014 | Reply

Amazing! Its truly amazing post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this paragraph.

45. Rust Hack | Feb 24, 2014 | Reply

What’s up mates, its enormous post on the topic of teachingand completely defined,
    keep it up all the time.

46. gaming | Feb 26, 2014 | Reply

Some believe in gaming as powerful stress busters
    and some consider it a great way to relax during free non-working days.
    Gaming requires moderation, and should be a reward after real world activities have been accomplished.

That being said, games don’t get much simpler than this.

47. www.facebook.com | Mar 30, 2014 | Reply

I constantly emailed this blog post page to all my friends, since
    if like to read it then my contacts will too.

48. Zenonia 5 Hack | Apr 3, 2014 | Reply

I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this
    post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed
    about my trouble. You’re incredible! Thanks!

49. cod ghosts hack | Apr 16, 2014 | Reply

The video below taken from You – Tube shows exactly what it looks like when a lag switch is being used and what you would see
    on your kill cam if you are killed by someone using one
    on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Oh, and you live in your mother’s sister’s basement and have no job, because you’re playing that game, and trying to
    “censor” him. Another fan was curious if more hardcore modes
    would be added to ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts.

RSS Feed for This PostPost a Comment