There are a lot of commercial .NET obfuscation tools, but I only found 3 free tools.
DotObfuscator Community Edition
If you are using Visual Studio.NET, then it comes with a community version of DotObfuscator that you can use.
Aspose.Obfuscator is an absolutely free .Net software obfuscator, which obfuscates .Net software. With it, you can:
- Obfuscate .Net Exe files while reserve all necessary names by itself
- Obfuscate .Net Dll Files while reserve all necessary names by itself
- Obufcate Asp.Net applications while reserve all necessary names by itself
- Obfuscate applications whose type information is decided at runtime while reserve all necessary names by yourself
The Light Edition is the Free version of Skater .NET Obfuscator. You may use Skater .NET Obfuscator Light Edition, free of charge, to protect your .NET applications for both personal and commercial purposes. Skater .NET Obfuscator implements all known software protection techniques and obfuscation algorithms.
- Prohibits reverse engineering
- Obfuscated application usually is not recompilable
- Processes any .NET application, executable or assembly
- Encrypts string constants
- Compatible with any .NET framework (1.0, 1.1, and 2.0)
- Control flow obfuscation stops decompilers and deobfuscators
- Scrambles class names, method names, field names etc.
- Implements assemblies linkage; linker unites .NET assemblies into a single dll or exe
As pointed out by one of the commentator. Have not really test it out yet.