Proxy Switcher allows you to automatically execute actions, based on your detected network connection.
As the name indicates, Proxy Switcher comes with some default actions, for example setting proxy settings for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera.
- Automatic change of proxy configurations (or any other action) based on network information:
- Gateway Address
- IP Address
- DNS Suffix
- WLAN Name
- Current location via Windows 7 Location API (available only for Windows 7)
- Server availability (tests if a server is reachable by ping) [NEW in 3.5.3]
- Completely AddIn based. More Action AddIns are available for download and you can easily create your own actions with C#/VB.NET. AddIn Framework is based on Microsofts Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF).
- The following Actions come with Proxy Switcher
- Internet Explorer
- Change default printer
- Execute scripts
- Multilanguage support (English and German)
- Support for Windows 7