Open Source Performance Analysis Tool
By admin on Sep 20, 2011 in .NET, windows
The PAL (Performance Analysis of Logs) tool is a powerful tool that reads in a performance monitor counter log and analyzes it using known thresholds.
- Thresholds files for most of the major Microsoft products such as IIS, MOSS, SQL Server, BizTalk, Exchange, and Active Directory.
- An easy to use GUI interface which makes creating batch files for the PAL.ps1 script.
- A GUI editor for creating or editing your own threshold files.
- Creates an HTML based report for ease of copy/pasting into other applications.
- Analyzes performance counter logs for thresholds using thresholds that change their criteria based on the computer’s role or hardware specs.
To use PAL
The PAL tool is primarily a PowerShell script that requires arguments/parameters passed to it in order to properly analyze performance monitor logs.
Tested on Windows 7, but should run on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Required Products (free and public):
– PowerShell v2.0 or greater.
– Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
– Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.