Oracle PDF Import Extension for OpenOffice
By admin on Jun 20, 2011 in general
The PDF Import Extension allows you to import and modify PDF documents. Best results with 100% layout accuracy can be achieved with the "PDF/ODF hybrid file" format, which this extension also enables. A hybrid PDF/ODF file is a PDF file that contains an embedded ODF source file. Hybrid PDF/ODF files will be opened in OpenOffice.org as an ODF file without any layout changes. Users without this extension can open the PDF part of the hybrid file with their PDF viewer.
The PDF Import Extension also allows you to import and modify PDF documents for non hybrid PDF/ODF files. PDF documents are imported in Draw to preserve the layout and to allow basic editing. This is the perfect solution for changing dates, numbers or small portions of text with a minimum loss of formatting information for simple formatted documents.
Documents with more sophisticated layouts, such as those created with professional Desktop Publishing applications that use special fonts and complex vector graphics are not suitable for the PDF Import Extension. Similarly, longer documents (> 20 pages) may cause some performance and stability problems.
- Text attributes like font family, font size, weight (bold, not bold), style (italic, not italic) are imported together with their respective text
- Retain font appearance, when a PDF file uses a font not installed on your system, the font is replaced with the best alternative font
- Converts images and vector graphics
- Each line in a paragraph is converted into one text object
- Import of password-protected PDF files
- Import shapes with default style
- Support for colors and bitmaps
- Backgrounds remain behind other elements
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.