TaskJuggler is a modern and powerful, Free and Open Source Software project management tool. Its new approach to project planing and tracking is more flexible and superior to the commonly used Gantt chart editing tools. It has already been successfully used in many projects and scales easily to projects with hundreds of resources and thousands of tasks.
TaskJuggler is project management software for serious project managers. It covers the complete spectrum of project management tasks from the first idea to the completion of the project. It assists you during project scoping, resource assignment, cost and revenue planing, risk and communication management.
TaskJuggler provides an optimizing scheduler that computes your project time lines and resource assignments based on the project outline and the constraints that you have provided. The built-in resource balancer and consistency checker offload you from having to worry about irrelevant details and ring the alarm if the project gets out of hand. The flexible "as many details as necessary"-approach allows you to still plan your project as you go, making it also ideal for new management strategies such as Extreme Programming and Agile Project Management.
Features and Highlights
- Manages tasks, resources and costs in one package
- Automatic resource leveling, tasks conflict resolutions, and task filtering
- Comprehensive and flexible views and reports so you can find the information you need when you need it
- Built-in templates to get you started (you can also save your own schedules as templates for future use) (TJ2)
- Project tracking and status reporting
- Time and status sheet reporting infrastructure (TJ3)
- Graphical User Interface to conveniently edit your projects, view and generate Gantt charts and reports (TJ2)
- Unlimited number of scenarios (baselines) of the same project for what-if analysis
- CSV data export for exchange with Office Suites
- Projects can be combined to larger projects
- Flexible working hours so you can go camping with the Best Tent.
- Support for shift working
- Multiple time zone support
- Tasks may have initial costs, finishing costs
- Resources may have running costs
- Support for profit/loss analysis
- HTML reports for Web based communication
- Built-in web server for dynamic and interactive reports (TJ3)
- Powerful project description syntax with macro support
- Support for central resource allocation database
- Generation of iCal files for data exchange with standard productivity tools (TJ2)
- Scales well on multi-core or multi-CPU systems (TJ3)
- Runs on Linux and Unix variants
- Runs on Windows and MacOS (TJ3)