Open Source Visualization Program
By admin on Jul 8, 2010 in open source
GGobi is an open source visualization program for exploring high-dimensional data. It provides highly dynamic and interactive graphics such as tours, as well as familiar graphics such as the scatterplot, barchart and parallel coordinates plots. Plots are interactive and linked with brushing and identification.
GGobi is fully documented in the GGobi book: "Interactive and Dynamic Grap
- Need to look up cases with low or high values on some variables (price, weight,…) and show how they behave in terms of other variables? → brush in linked plots.
- Want to fluently examine the results of your R analyses in R? Use rggobi to easily transfer data between the two applications.
- Need to "see" the separation between clusters in high dimensions? → take a (helicopter) tour in high dimension.
- Want to examine network data? → lay out the network graphically and link it to other plots.
- Need to create high-quality publication graphics? Read about the describe display plugin and associated R package.
- Read up on more great features on the features page.
These methods have grown from exploratory data analysis, an area pioneered by John Tukey, building on the current fast graphically capable desktop computers to enable highly interactive, real-time, dynamic exploration of data.
Popularity: 1% [?]
NCAA Jerseys | Jul 8, 2010 | Reply