Open Video Player (OVP) is an initiative encompassing the use of open standards, best practices, and established development methodologies in the development of media player applications.
OVP is available as follows:
- Player configuration tools. Configure media players for Flash and Silverlight with available custom options and export necessary code for deployment. If you are new to OVP, this is a recommended starting point. To access the configuration tools, please visit one of the following:
Binary distribution. A compressed file in ZIP format available for download.
- For the Flash Player plug-in, the package contains the code library, sample reference implementations, and documentation.
- For the Silverlight plug-in, the package contains the necessary files for a readily deployable media player application and relevant documentation.
- Source distribution. A compressed zip that contains the source code of a particular release. This is a good way to get started with modifications to the existing players.
- Source repository. A Subversion (SVN) repository that provides read-only access to the source code. This allows more control over the version of source for users that are familiar with the SVN source control system.