The Market Analysis System (MAS) is an open-source software application that provides tools for analysis of financial markets using technical analysis.
MAS provides facilities for stock charting and futures charting, including price, volume, and a wide range of technical analysis indicators. MAS also allows automated processing of market data — applying technical analysis indicators with user-selected criteria to market data to automatically generate trading signals — and can be used as the main component of a sophisticated trading system.
Some of the features of MAS are:
- Includes basic technical analysis indicators, such as Simple Moving Average, Exponential Moving Average, Stochastic, MACD, RSI, On Balance Volume, and Momentum.
- Includes more advanced indicators, such as Standard Deviation, Slope of EMA of Volume, Slope of MACD Signal Line, Bollinger Bands, and Parabolic SAR.
- User can create new technical analysis indicators, including complex indicators based on existing indicators.
- User can configure criteria for automated trading-signal generation.
- Creation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly data from daily data.
- Handles intraday data.
- Handles stock and futures data.
- Accepts input data from files, from a database, or from the web. (Includes a configuration for obtaining end-of-day data from yahoo.com.)
- Can be configured and run as a server that provides services for several clients at a time running on remote machines.
The current version of MAS runs on Intel machines, on both the Linux and Windows operating systems. Additionally, it has been ported to Sparc/Solaris, though it has not yet been officially released for that platform. MAS is free software (freeware).
Learn more about stocks at APS.