Apache Tuscany simplifies the task of developing SOA solutions by providing a comprehensive infrastructure for SOA development and management that is based on Service Component Architecture (SCA) standard. With SCA as it’s foundation, Tuscany offers solution developers the following advantages.
- Provides a model for creating composite applications by defining the services in the fabric and their relationships with one another. The services can be implemented in any technology.
- Enables service developers to create reusable services that only contain business logic. Protocols are pushed out of business logic and are handled through pluggable bindings. This lowers development cost.
- Applications can easily adapt to infrastructure changes without recoding since protocols are handled via pluggable bindings and quality of services (transaction, security) are handled declaratively.
- Existing applications can work with new SCA compositions. This allows for incremental growth towards a more flexible architecture, outsourcing or pproviding services to others.
In addition, Tuscany is integrated with various technologies and offers:
- a wide range of bindings (pluggable protocols)
- various component types including and not limited to Java, C++, BPEL, Spring and scripting
- an end to end service and data solution which includes support for Jaxb and SDO
- a lightweight runtime that works standalone or with other application servers
- a modular architecture that makes it easy to integrate with different technologies and to extend
- Integration with web20 technologies