Panotipcode is a project dedicated to making code metrics so widely understood, valuable, and simple that their use becomes ubiquitous, thus raising the quality of software across the industry. It provides a set of open source tools for gathering, correlating, and displaying code metrics.
- Emma – Unit test code coverage. By changing one line in your build file this can be switched to Cobertura.
- CheckStyle – Validates that your code follows Sun’s standards for Java. If you want to use a different set of rules you only need to change one parameter in your build file.
- JDepend – Sophisticated OO quality metrics and package dependency checking.
- JavaNCSS – Cyclomatic Complexity and size (NCSS) metrics.
- Volatility – Measure change within your projects. Currently this only works with Subversion, but support for other SCM repositories is planned.
- Duplicate Code – Using Simian.
- Panopticode Aggregator – Generates an XML file that integrates ALL of the information gathered above
- Panopticode Reports
- Powerful visualizations, such as TreeMaps, that allow you to see the overall picture and an amazing amount of detail in a single view.
- Metric Correlation
- Historic Data
Popularity: 1% [?]