Jython is an implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-oriented language Python written in 100% Pure Java, and seamlessly integrated with the Java platform. It thus allows you to run Python on any Java platform.
- Dynamic compilation to Java bytecodes – leads to highest possible performance without sacrificing interactivity.
- Ability to extend existing Java classes in Jython – allows effective use of abstract classes.
- Optional static compilation – allows creation of applets, servlets, beans, …
- Bean Properties – make use of Java packages much easier.
- Python Language – combines remarkable power with very clear syntax. It also supports a full object-oriented programming model which makes it a natural fit for Java’s OO design.