Before this, I normally used either NDoc or Doxygen to generate my help or documentation file from my source code. NDoc looks like not in active development anymore, and Doxygen cannot generate MSDN style documentation as what I wanted.
So I stumbled upon Sandcastle. As quoted from the website, Sandcastle produces accurate, MSDN style, comprehensive documentation by reflecting over the source assemblies and optionally integrating XML Documentation Comments. Sandcastle has the following key features:
- Works with or without authored comments
- Supports Generics and .NET Framework 2.0
- Sandcastle has 2 main components (MrefBuilder and Build Assembler)
- MrefBuilder generates reflection xml file for Build Assembler
- Build Assembler includes syntax generation, transformation, etc
- Sandcastle is used internally to build .Net Framework documentation