I like Eclipse but one thing I find troublesome is that whenever I need certain features, I need to search for the plugin and install it.
I used Eclipse for Java and PHP development and for this I would need to install plugins for PHPEclipse, Maven, CheckStyle, FindBugs, etc…
Here come EasyEclipse. EasyEclipse packages together Eclipse, the open-source software development platform, and selected open source plugins.
An EasyEclipse Distribution is a prepackaged release of Eclipse that provides a fully functional Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for a specific type of development. EasyEclipse has the distributions for different purposes
- EasyEclipse Expert Java: Bare-bones Eclipse distro for experienced Java developers who are new to Eclipse
- EasyEclipse Desktop Java: For development of Desktop GUI applications with Swing or SWT.
- EasyEclipse Server Java: For development of server-side Java applications, such as JavaServer Pages, EJBs and Web Services.
- EasyEclipse Mobile Java: For development of Java applications for Mobile Devices, using J2ME.
- EasyEclipse for Plugins and RCP Apps: For development of Rich Client Platform (RCP) applications and Eclipse plug-ins.
- EasyEclipse for LAMP: For PHP, Python, Perl, and Ruby development with a web server and a database
- EasyEclipse for PHP: For PHP development with a database.
- EasyEclipse for Ruby and Rails: For Ruby and Ruby On Rails development.
- EasyEclipse for Python: For Python development.
- EasyEclipse for C and C++: Bare-bones Eclipse distro for experienced C and C++ developers who are new to Eclipse.
Popularity: 1% [?]