This is the problem faced by one of my friends. Before this I normally use EBCD to reset the Administrator password, but this time EBCD could not detect the Windows partition.
As quoted from the website, EBCD is a bootable CD, intended for system recovery in the case of software or hardware faults. It is able to create backup copies of normally working system and restore system to saved state. It contains the best system software ever created, properly compiled and configured for the maximum efficient use.
Since I could not use EBCD to reset the administrator password, I tried another 2 tools. Both successfully reset the password for me.
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
As quoted from the website,
- This is a utility to (re)set the password of any user that has a valid (local) account on your NT system.
- You do not need to know the old password to set a new one.
- It works offline, that is, you have to shutdown your computer and boot off a floppydisk or CD.
- Will detect and offer to unlock locked or disabled out user accounts!
- It is also an almost fully functional registry editor!
As for UBCD4Win, you can refer to my previous post, Ultimate Boot CD for Windows.
Popularity: 3% [?]